Terms & Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions ofwww.hwlhk.com
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of this Internet site (Site). By using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- We technically operate the Site. However, we exercise no editorial control over some of the Content on the Site and in some cases other persons provide the Content on the Site or operate parts of the Site or other Internet sites you may view or access through the Site (Third Party Providers).
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
- You acknowledge that we may, in our sole discretion and with or without notice,
i. vary the Site or any part of the Site (including any Sub Portal for which you are required to register); and
- modify or discontinue this Site, any part of the Site and the services available on it without notice.
- You acknowledge that Content on the Site is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights). Unless you are expressly authorized by law you must not by yourself or permit any other person to:
- sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use any of the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent; or
ii. use any Content on any other Website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose; or
iii. reverse engineer any Content consisting of downloadable software; or
iv. otherwise infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any person in using the Site or any Content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Site will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or license you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
Your Use of the Site
- You must not:
i. disrupt or interfere with the Site or servers or other software, hardware or equipment connected to or via the Site;
ii. violate any Applicable Law relating to your use of the Site; or
iii. collect or store personal data about other users of the Site.
Third Party Providers
- You acknowledge that:
i. parts of the Site; and
ii. parts of the Content, are provided or maintained by Third Party Providers and not by us.
b. Your correspondence or dealings with any Third Party Provider are solely between you and that Third Party Provider, and you agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
Links and Advertisements
- We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Site (including without limitation sites linked through advertisements or through any search engines).
- Some links which appear on the Site are automatically generated, and may be offensive or inappropriate to some people. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the linked site, and you use the links at your own risk.
- Your correspondence or dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers on the Site are solely between you and such advertisers.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of advertisements on the Site.
Personal Data and Cookies
- During your use of the Site, we may issue to and request from your computer blocks of data known as “cookies”. You must not alter any cookies sent to your computer from the Site and you must ensure that your computer sends correct and accurate cookies in response to any relevant request from the Site.
The Use of the Site Is At Your Risk
- You use the Site at your risk. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. All information provided on or via the Site is for information purposes only. You should seek your own independent advice with respect to any Content.
- We endeavor to provide a convenient and functional Site, but we do not guarantee that the Content will be error free or that the Site or the server that operates it is free of viruses or other harmful components.
c. Although we will use reasonable endeavors to maintain the Content, we do not undertake to provide support or maintenance services for the Content.
- If your use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, we will not be responsible for such costs.
- Without limiting the above provisions, everything on the Site is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We exclude all representations and warranties to the fullest extent permissible under any Applicable Law.
- If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties in accordance with paragraph (e) but allows limitations of a certain maximum extent then we limit our warranties to that extent.
Limitation of Liability
- We will accept no liability whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings or any other loss resulting from your access to, reliance on, or use of, or inability to use the Site and the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage.
- If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability in accordance with paragraph (a) but allows a limitation of a certain maximum extent then our liability is limited to that extent.
- We will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the Site. You agree:
- to check the Site for notices; and
- that you will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available to you by posting on the Site.
- If any part of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site or the Content or your breach of this agreement.
- The English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail over any Chinese version (if any) which is provided for information purposes only.
Applicable Law in relation to any person, action or thing means the following in relation to that person, action or thing:
a. any law, rule or regulation of any country (or political sub-division of a country);
- any obligation under any license in any country (or political sub-division of a country); and
- any lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator in any country (or political sub-division of a country).
“Content” includes things that you may see, read, hear, download or access on or via the Site (including but not limited to messages, files, data, software, images, photographs, illustrations, text and other materials).
“Hong Kong” means the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
“We” or “us” means HWL INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD.